Stepping Stone Clubhouse @ Home
Coffee Filter Bats
Celebrate Halloween with this spooky good craft! Click here for full instructions!
-White Coffee Filters
-Washable Markers (Black, Blue & Purple)
-Liquid Craft Glue
-Black Acrylic Paint
-White Gel Pen
-Scrap of Cardboard
- Flatten coffee filters and draw different patterns with the markers.
- Lay the coffee filter on newspaper, plastic Ziploc baggy or a wipe-able surface.
- Spritz the filter with water.
- Watch the magic as the colors spread, set aside to dry.
- Attach the clothespins to a scrap of cardboard and pain all over with black paint. Set aside too dry.
- After the paint is dry, glue on the google eyes.
- With the white gel pen, draw a mouth and fans on each clothespin, again set aside to dry.
- Fold the dry coffee filter into fourths and cut a scallop edge with scissors. Unfold filter to half and cut a 3″ slit up from the scalloped edge. Then open the clothespin and insert the wings.
- Cut out ears using a strip of black yardstick and cutting out two small triangles. Attach to the top of the clothespin with liquid glue.
- Once completely dry you’re all done!